Strawberry shortcake is a classic dessert served at any special occasion, but finding a good easy strawberry shortcake recipe can be tricky.
As a result, here is our favorite no bake strawberry shortcake dessert recipe which we recommend you try out for yourself. The end result will be a delicious dessert that was a breeze to make and is sure to be a huge hit.
Why Choose Strawberry Shortcake?
Strawberry shortcake is a wonderful dessert which puts all other cakes to shame. It stands out above other dessert cuisine as it contains so many classic dessert ingredients such as pudding, cake, whipped cream and strawberries.
This makes it the perfect dessert to serve during strawberry season as you can get your strawberries fresh!
It’s also easy to make as a no bake dessert, so you don’t have to use any heat to make it. It’s cool and delicious, making it one of the easiest and best recipes to try during hot weather. This is thanks to the whipped cream which gives it a smooth, creamy texture that is just so delicious.
So, if you love cake, love whipped cream, and love strawberries- try out this recipe for a no bake strawberry shortcake dessert!
No Bake Strawberry Shortcake Ingredients
First, let’s make sure you have all the right ingredients you need for a no bake strawberry shortcake recipe. While ingredients like fresh strawberries and whipped cream are a no-brainer, there are tons of other ingredients you may have overlooked – so let’s go through them one by one!
- Let’s start off with the strawberries. It’s a strawberry shortcake dessert after all! You will need around 1 pound of fresh strawberries for this cake recipe. You can use other fruits if you prefer but for a classic strawberry shortcake dessert, we will be using strawberries.
- You will also need a box of instant vanilla pudding. This pudding will be used to make filling layers in your cake.
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract to add to the whipped cream.
- You will need a vanilla pound cake. You can use your own homemade pound cake or a store bought pound cake instead. You can also swap out the pound cake for angel food cake if you prefer or any kind of cake, but a plain vanilla cake works best in this dessert recipe.
- As for whipping cream, you will need 2 cups. You can use fresh homemade whipped cream or store bought products such as Cool Whip Topping. Some people use heavy cream here but make sure you go light, because real cream will make it difficult for stiff peaks to form.
- For garnishing, you can use some crushed cookies, graham crackers, powdered sugar, and any remaining strawberries you have.
- Some people also like to add additional ingredients to their whipped cream, such as cream cheese or strawberry juice for additional flavor. If you want to do this too, you just need half a cup of strawberry juice and 8 ounces of cream cheese.
Making Your No Bake Strawberry Shortcake
So, let’s start making your no bake strawberry shortcake dessert.
First things first, you need to wash and slice your fresh strawberries. You should make some quartered strawberries, and some sliced strawberries for garnishing. Once that’s done, put your strawberries aside for a moment in a small bowl and move onto your whipped toppings.
Using a hand mixer, mix together the whipped cream, cream cheese and strawberry juice (if you are using any) in a medium sized bowl. Then, add the vanilla extract and mix once more until stiff peaks form in the whipped cream.
Now it’s time to move onto your vanilla pudding. Take the box and mix up the pudding in a separate bowl, following the recipe notes on the box.
Then, move onto your pound cake. Slice the pound cake into even 1/2 inch thick slices. Use these to make a layer at the bottom of your dish.
Now, pour half the pudding mixture over the layer of pound cake slices and spread evenly. On top of that, place half of your quartered strawberries.
Add another layer of pound cake slices, then spread half of the pudding, then add more strawberries, until you have nearly come to the top of your dish.
Once you have reached the top, it’s time to add the whipped topping. Add the whipped cream and strawberries, plus any additional topics you want – sugar cookies, powdered sugar, even more sliced strawberries! Make it as pretty as you wish.
How To Serve Your No Bake Strawberry Shortcake Dessert
Now it is time to chill your strawberry shortcake no bake dessert. Strawberry shortcake dessert needs to be served cold so it’s important you chill it so all the ingredients (especially the whipped topping) taste at its best.
Add a layer of plastic wrap over the top of your dish then move your no bake strawberry shortcake into your refrigerator. Leave your no bake strawberry shortcake dessert to chill for at least 4 hours . Preferably, you should leave it in the refrigerator overnight.
Then, you no longer bake strawberry shortcake dessert and are ready for serving! You can add some powdered sugar at this step or go powdered sugar free, your choice!
But after all this and following the recipe closely, you will be left with a delicious no bake strawberry shortcake dessert!
If you do find you are left with leftovers, then you don’t have to waste it! Just pop any leftovers into an airtight container and store it within your refrigerator. Eat it up in a few days and it will taste just as good as it did when freshly made!
Whether it’s for mother’s day, to celebrate strawberry season, or you just love strawberry shortcake – this no bake recipe is definitely one you want to try out for the perfect treat.
With a great whipped topping and plenty of delicious strawberries, you and your family will surely enjoy this amazing dessert. Get the ingredients, try out this easy recipe, and serve up the delicious results at dessert time! Enjoy!