Since its invention over 4000 years ago, cheesecake has become a staple of dessert cuisine, with the classic treat now featuring a moreish combination of cream cheese and graham cracker crumbs.
However, this does not mean that cheesecake is for everyone, as the heavy dessert can prove too much for those with light tastes.
For this reason, making a whole cheesecake for a party or gathering can be a controversial choice, which is why we would advise making these cheesecake bites instead.
Not only do cheesecake bites taste amazing, but they are also easy to make and can be served with fresh fruit or chocolate sauce.
In the article below, we will teach you how to make cheesecake bites while also outlining the tools and ingredients you will need.
What Are Cheesecake Bites?
Cheesecake bites are exactly what they sound like, which are small bite-sized cheesecakes that can be served at parties and celebrations.
Making a whole cheesecake can be a long and painful process, as the overall bake can be complicated and the final product too hearty for certain stomachs.
Because of this, we would recommend making cheesecake bites instead, as these easy mini cheesecakes are a great alternative to a full-sized cheesecake.
They also offer a better ratio of cream cheese to crust, which results in a well-balanced and delicious dessert.
Beyond this, cheesecake bites do not require any plates or utensils, which means they can be eaten without the concern of mess or cleaning up.
When it comes to making your own cheesecake bites, you will also notice that the overall process is extremely simple, as you will need to make the crust and cheesecake batter before assembling the final product.
If you want to learn more about this process, then you will find additional information in the section below.
How To Make Cheesecake Bites
When making cheesecake bites, there are certain steps that need to be completed before you can start assembling the dessert.
- Make the graham cracker crust
- Transfer graham cracker crumbs into muffin tins and bake
- Start making the cheesecake filling
- Add the cheesecake filling to the baked graham cracker crumb mixture
- Place in the refrigerator for 4 hours
- Make the berry sauce (optional)
- Serve the final product with fresh fruit and whipped cream
These easy mini cheesecakes offer the ideal balance of cheesecake filling and graham cracker crust, which makes them the perfect bite-sized treat for parties and social gatherings.
Once the cheesecake bites have been set, they can be served with a variety of toppings, from raspberry jam and lemon curd to oreo cookie and chocolate ganache.
While there are so many delicious toppings to choose from, we would personally recommend a homemade blueberry sauce or a rustic strawberry compote.
What You Will Need
The basic ingredients to make cheesecake bites include:
- Cream cheese
- Graham crackers
- Vanilla extract
One of the best things about mini cheesecake bites is that they can be kept in the refrigerator for several days, which means you can help yourself to a sweet snack at any time during the week.
These little cheesecakes can even be stored in an airtight container and frozen, which means you can make a double batch and keep them in the freezer for whenever you need them.
Cheesecake Bites Recipe
Before you can start making the cheesecake bites, you will need to gather the correct tools and cheesecake ingredients.
- Mini muffin tin
- Muffin liner
- Wooden spoon
Ingredients (Graham Cracker Crust)
- Graham cracker crumbs (2/3 cup)
- Unsalted butter (melted – 2 tablespoons)
- Granulated sugar (1 1/2 tablespoon)
- Kosher salt (1/4 teaspoon)
Note: The graham cracker crumbs can be placed in a food processor to reach the desired consistency.
Ingredients (Cheesecake Filling)
- Cream cheese (8 oz)
- Sour cream or mascarpone cheese (1/4 cup)
- Granulated sugar (1/4 cup)
- Large egg (x1)
- Vanilla extract (1 1/2 tablespoon)
How To Make Graham Cracker Crust
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grab a large bowl and combine the graham cracker crumbs with the melted butter, salt, and sugar. Mix well until combined.
- Line your mini muffin tins with mini muffin liners. If you do not have liners, you will need to grease the inside of the muffin tin.
- Once the crust is ready, take a heaping teaspoon and scoop it into the wells on your muffin tray.
- Repeat this process until all of the crust has been used.
- Grab a large spoon and press down into the wells until the crust runs up the sides of the tin. Use a gentle rotating motion to ensure an even finish.
- Place the crust in the preheated oven and bake for 4-5 minutes before removing and leaving to cool completely.
How To Make Cheesecake Mixture
- In a medium bowl, combine the room temperature cream cheese with the egg, sour cream, vanilla extract, and sugar. Mix well until it becomes a smooth and creamy mixture.
- Take a teaspoon of cheesecake filling and scoop it on top of the graham cracker crumbs. Keep doing this until all the wells in your muffin tin have been filled. If there is any leftover mixture, distribute it evenly until it has all gone.
How To Bake Cheesecake Bites
- Once the cheesecakes have been assembled, bake in the oven for 18 minutes or until the middle of the cheesecake no longer shakes with the pan.
- Remove the cheesecake bites from the oven and allow them to cool completely.
- Once the cheesecakes have reached room temperature, place them in the refrigerator to set. This should take 3 hours, however, you can also leave them to chill overnight for the best results.
- When the cheesecakes have been set, you can serve them with your chosen toppings.
Cherry pie filling, chocolate chip, brown sugar, raspberry jam, chocolate drizzle, semi-sweet chocolate, vanilla wafers, and homemade blueberry compote.
Cheesecake bites are a great addition to any celebration, as they combine all the deliciousness of cheesecake into a small and accessible dessert.
The cheesecakes themselves can be made in muffin cups and are incredibly easy to make. Just serve with raspberry jam or fresh fruit and you will have everything you need for a sweet and light treat.