No bake S’more bars are a delicious treat that you should try if you never have before. They can be made quickly and easily, as they only have six ingredients and can be put together quickly and easily in a matter of minutes.
You may be confused about no-bake s’mores, as after all, aren’t all s’mores no-bake? Well, technically. Most people first try s’more bars around a campfire, using the heat to melt to bars into a gooey, tasty treat.
Almost all recipes call for some form of heat to make the bars what they are, which means that an oven or fire has to be used. This means waiting even longer for your sweet snack!
However, these s’more bars are unique as to make them, you will not need any form of heat, which means that you don’t need a grill, a fire pit, or any other form of the heat source of any kind at all. Even turning on the oven isn’t necessary!
These bars are mostly made of Golden Grahams, marshmallows, and melted chocolate. This mouthwatering dessert dish can be thrown together in a matter of minutes and does not require any baking on your part.
It has the same flavor profile as s’mores, but you won’t have to clean up the mess or wait by the bonfire to eat it.
These bars are quite similar to Rice Krispie Treats, with the primary difference being that instead of Rice Krispies cereal, you use Golden Grahams cereal as the base of the recipe.
In a bowl that is safe to put in the microwave, you may combine milk chocolate chips and marshmallows to make a delightful topping for the cereal that has the same taste as s’mores.
The creation of this delicious dessert takes only around five minutes total, and it is really easy to put together.
It is not necessary to bake the bars; rather, all that is required is to let them sit for about an hour before slicing, serving, and consuming them.
However, if you can’t wait that long, don’t worry! You can eat the mixture after putting together all of the components if you want to, however, you might find that you need a spoon!
Whether served in a gooey mess or as s’more bars, this is a wonderful recipe to try out the next time you want a sweet treat.
Find out how to make this no-bake s’more recipe below!
No-Bake S’mores Bars Recipe
Here are the six simple ingredients that are used to make these no-bake s’mores bars.
- Golden Grahams cereal (8 cups) – This dessert can also be prepared using different brands of toasted cereal, such as Honey Graham Toasters, Honey Grahams, or any other cereal that has a similar texture and flavor.
- Vanilla extract (1 tablespoon) – You can use either vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract. The better the quality of vanilla, the nicer the s’mores bars will taste at the end.
- Miniature marshmallows (8 cups) – Miniature marshmallows can be found at most grocery stores. Because a bag of 16 ounces includes around 9 cups, you will use the bulk of the bag while making this recipe, meaning you will have some leftovers to be used as a snack afterward. The amount of marshmallows needed for the bars is a total of six cups, which are melted down into the s’mores, and the remaining two cups are folded in at the very end.
- Butter (5 tablespoons) – Because of the butter, the marshmallows in this delicacy are easier to spread than they would be without. If you want the very best results, make sure to use real butter!
- Milk chocolate chips (1 1/2 cups) – While chocolate chips are the best form of chocolate to use in this recipe, there are a few alternatives you could try. You could use 12 ounces of your favorite chocolate bar (like Hershey bars) if you want to.
- Light corn syrup (1/4 cup) – This is used to help the s’mores bar set correctly, and also makes them stick together while adding to the sweetness.
Follow these easy steps to make the perfect no-bake s’mores bars every time!
- In a 9-by-13-inch pan, use the butter to grease the whole surface. Using real butter is not only the best for greasing, but also will make the s’mores bars taste even better as well.
- If you don’t have any real butter on hand though, you could alternatively use a spray that keeps things from sticking if you want.
- Buttering the pan can be a messy job, so the best way to do it is either to wear gloves or to put a sandwich bag over your hands (so it acts like a glove) and then spread the butter around. Spread the butter up the sides of the pan as well as the bottom of the pan so that you have an even coating.
- Measure out the cereal, then transfer it into a large bowl.
- Mix the six cups of marshmallows, the chocolate chips, the corn syrup, and the butter in a medium saucepan.
- Warm the mixture over low heat, stirring it often, until the chocolate chips and marshmallows are fully melted.
- Remove the pan from the heat and, while swirling, add the vanilla extract to the mixture.
- After the chocolate has melted, pour it over the cereal and mix it until it is completely covered with the chocolate. After letting the mixture sit for a minute or two to let it cool down a little bit, whisk the remaining marshmallows into the mixture. Then, leave the mixture to sit for another minute or two.
- Now you have to move the mixture into the pan. Put some pressure on the mixture as you push it into the pan. While you can eat the mixture as it is here, if you want to make actual s’mores bars, you need to put the pan into the fridge for at least an hour to let the mixture set.
- Once the mixture has been set, you can take them out f the fridge and cut them into bars. They are then ready to eat straight away!
And just like that your no-bake s’more bars are all done! If you don’t eat it all and want to store them, put them in a container and leave them at room temperature.
No-bake s’mores bars are super easy to make, require no heat making them even more convenient, and are a delicious sweet treat perfect for any snack or occasion.
Try out the recipe above to make your very own s’mores!