One thing which is super easy to crave is a delicious creamy chocolate fudge, however it is quite hard to make if you do not have any condensed milk.
This is why we have made this easy fudge recipe which will not need any condensed milk.
This is an easy chocolate fudge recipe which will be super easy for you to make, and you have no need for sweetened condensed milk.
Making Fudge Without Condensed Milk
One of the main reasons recipes for fudge tend to use sweetened condensed milk is because this ingredient is thick, and it contains plenty of sugar to make your fudge taste delicious.
Sweetened condensed milk can also be cooked at quite a high temperature and it will not curdle, so this is why you will find it in so many easy fudge recipes.
The main issue with using this ingredient is that it is not something people commonly keep in their kitchen.
So, if you are looking to make chocolate fudge on a whim, but of course, you do not have any sweetened condensed milk, then you will need a good recipe to use as a substitute.
One of the best ways to substitute condensed milk in a recipe is to use milk, with butter and sugar, and combine them to make a simple condensed milk substitute.
This will also make the recipe nice and thick.
Ingredients For An Easy Fudge Recipe Without Condensed Milk
So what ingredients do you need to get the best results for this easy fudge recipe?
We will go through all of them here so you know exactly what you need to get a delicious fudge mixture without condensed milk.
- First you will need butter, this will help in making a delicious creamy fudge alongside the milk.
- To flavor this easy chocolate fudge recipe, you will need to use chocolate chips, and for the best results, we recommend using semi sweet chocolate chips, or dark chocolate chips as these will offset some of the intense sweetness of the condensed milk. However, if you only have milk chocolate, you will still get some great results.
- You will need to use milk for this recipe, the fattier the milk the better, but you can use whatever milk you have. However, if you have evaporated milk, we would not recommend using this since it works differently to standard milk.
- You will need powdered sugar, but to get the best results we recommend using sifted powdered sugar to ensure that there are no lumps in your final result.
- Finally, you will also need vanilla extract to get the best results, however, if you do not have any vanilla extract or vanilla essence, do not worry as the recipe will still work without it.
While these are the core ingredients that this recipe needs to work, you can adapt the flavor slightly by adding whatever mix-ins you want.
But be warned that this may change the consistency of your fudge.
How To Make Your Fudge Without Condensed Milk
So, how do you make this recipe?
It is actually quite easy. First you will need to put your butter, your chocolate chips, your milk, and your vanilla extract into one bowl which is safe for use in the microwave.
Then you will want to heat the bowl in the microwave in 1 minute intervals. Do this stirring in between each time, and do it about three times.
This will hopefully end up with a creamy fudge mixture.
You will want to work quick and while the recipe is still hot you will want to mix in the sifted powdered sugar and stir it in to combine as well as possible.
By doing this while the mix is still hot you are preventing your mix from getting lumpy, and the sugar will dissolve a lot easier if this is the case.
After you have done this, you will want to pour and scrape the fudge mixture into a prepared pan which has been lined with either aluminium foil or wax paper to ensure that the fudge does not stick inside.
Once you have put it in this pan you will leave it to set in your fridge and this should take about 6 hours at least for it to firm up and be ready to serve!
How To Store Your Easy Chocolate Fudge?
The best way to store this chocolate fudge is in your refrigerator, and to ensure that it does not absorb any other flavors, we recommend storing it in an airtight container.
This will ensure that its texture stays the same, and it will stay fresh. This will also make sure that the fudge does not dry out as well.
We recommend trying to eat all your fudge within a week, but with how tasty it is, we do not think that this will be difficult.
Chocolate Fudge Recipe Without Condensed Milk
For this recipe you will need:
- Half a cup of butter
- 1 cup of chocolate chips (we recommend semi sweet chocolate chips, or dark chocolate, but you will also get good results with milk chocolate too)
- A quarter of a cup of milk (the fattier the milk the better the results will be)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of sifted powdered sugar
– First you will want to add your butter, your chocolate chips, your milk, and your vanilla extract in a large microwave safe bowl.
– Then you will want to microwave your fudge in one minute intervals for 3 minutes in total.
– While the fudge mixture is still hot, you will want to stir in your powdered sugar and stir it in until it is dissolved.
– After this pour and scrape your fudge mixture into a pan which is lined with parchment paper, or foil which has been greased as the mixture can be quite sticky.
– Then leave your mixture in the fridge for 6 hours at least until it has firmed up and is ready to cut up and serve”