If you want to bake quick and easy cookies, then you should check out our recipe for the best chocolate chip cookies you will ever taste.
Cookies are considered to be one of life’s simple pleasures, as they are extremely easy to make and can be filled with a variety of different toppings. Whether that be chocolate chips, marshmallows, or nuts.
Of course, cookies can be made in a conventional oven. However, it’s also possible to use other kitchen appliances to bake your homemade treats.
For instance, you can now use an air fryer to make the dessert cuisine, which can produce warm and gooey cookies in a matter of minutes.
In the article below, we will teach you how to bake cookies in the air fryer and what you will need to achieve the best cookies imaginable.
Can You Bake Cookies In An Air Fryer?
The short and simple answer is yes – you can bake cookies in an air fryer. However, it can be difficult to maintain the perfect temperature, as air fryers do not come with temperature controls and other classic features.
Despite this, baking cookies in the air fryer is a great alternative to a conventional oven, as you won’t need to heat up the whole kitchen and it can make the overall process much easier.
Of course, there are certain precautions that will need to be taken. For instance, we would recommend using parchment paper when baking the cookies, as this will make it easier to clean the air fryer basket once the cookies have been baked.
When using parchment paper, we would also advise placing the cookies around the edges, as this will stop the parchment from curling as the cookies bake.
If you want to bake chocolate chip cookies in the air fryer, then you can also use these tips to ensure a delicious and gooey batch.
- For a more distinctive flavor, you can use homemade brown sugar and homemade vanilla extract – which can be made with recipes found online.
- If you want to add some texture to the cookie dough, you can also include a quarter cup of chopped nuts. However, you will need to be mindful of other people and their dietary restrictions.
- When it comes to leftover cookie dough, you can roll it into balls and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It’s also possible to store leftover cookie dough in the freezer, but it will need to be placed on a parchment-lined baking sheet and frozen for about one hour.
What You Will Need
When it comes to baking cookies in the air fryer, you will need all the ingredients used to make a classic cookie dough. Beyond this, you will also need access to an air fryer basket, parchment paper, mixing bowls, and a wire rack:
- Air fryer
- Parchment paper
- Unsalted butter (3/4 cup)
- Sugar (1 cup)
- Brown sugar (1/3 cup)
- Large eggs (x2)
- Vanilla extract (1 teaspoon)
- All-purpose flour (2 cups)
- Salt (1/2 teaspoon)
- Baking soda (1/2 teaspoon)
- Chocolate chips (2 cups)
Note: While we would recommend using milk chocolate chips, it’s also possible to use white chocolate, dark chocolate, chocolate candies, chopped walnuts, or pecans. For a truly indulgent dessert, you can even add peanut butter to the dough.
How To Make Easy Air Fryer Cookies
- Grab a large bowl and combine the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar. Mix together until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Once you have done this, you can add eggs, vanilla extract, baking soda, and half of the flour. Mix together until the dry ingredients have combined with the butter mixture to form cookie dough.
- Following this, add in the remaining flour and mix on a medium speed until the cookie dough is thick and workable.
- Once the dough has been mixed, you can stir in the chocolate chips and optional nuts until they have been evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
- Take a small spoon and scoop dough into balls. Place the dough balls in the air fryer on a piece of parchment paper. For the best results, the parchment paper should be weighed down by the cookie dough, as this will reduce the chances of a fire hazard. There should also be about an inch between each cookie.
- Air fry the cookies at 300 degrees F for around 7 – 8 minutes. When the cookies are golden brown, you can turn off the heat and leave them to rest in the air fryer basket for an additional 1 – 2 minutes.
- Once the cookies have been set, transfer them to a wire rack and leave them to cool completely.
- Since air fryers are not the same as a conventional oven, the cooking time may vary slightly. For instance, if you want to make larger cookies, then you will need to add a few more minutes to the overall cook time.
Why Bake Cookies In The Air Fryer?
When baking cookies in the air fryer, you won’t have to worry about making a full batch, as most air fryers will only be able to contain 4 – 5 cookies depending on their size. You also won’t have to heat the whole kitchen to make the cookies. Our recipe should produce enough dough for 3 dozen cookies when baked.
When Are The Cookies Done?
The cookies will need to be baked for seven minutes at 300 degrees F, especially if you want a flawless batch.
However, most air fryers can vary when it comes to air circulation and other features, which is why you should make a test batch first. The cookies are done once the dough has turned golden brown.
Baking cookies in the air fryer can make the overall process much easier, as you won’t need as much preparation to make a small batch. These freshly baked cookies will taste just as good as store cookies and will be bursting with a rich and gooey center.
Of course, there are other air fryer recipes to choose from, which can be found on various platforms for some follow-up comments.