When it comes to home baking, cookies are always the first thing that springs to mind. It’s proven that over 2 billion cookies are consumed in the United States of America alone per year! That’s a whopping estimated figure of 300 cookies for each person! Crazy right!?
It doesn’t matter whether you’re a chocolate chip fan or more of a salted caramel cookie person. It’s safe to say we all love cookies and what’s even more popular is the number of home bakers now begging to learn new homemade baking skills to bring their country ideas to life.
Most cookies are usually baked in a conventional oven for around 15 to 25 minutes.
But what if you don’t have or wish to use this traditional baking method?
You’ll be thrilled to hear that there are several other options for making cookies without an oven. Today we will explore and understand more about how to bake cookies in a toaster oven.
The simple answer to today’s question is YES. You can bake cookies in several ways, and a toaster oven is one of them.
Below we will walk you through a simple method to make sure that your cookies are baked to perfection regardless of you only having a toaster oven to hand.
Understanding Your Toaster Oven
The first essential part of today’s guide is assessing the toaster oven in question.
Not all toaster ovens are precisely accurate when it comes to their temperature display, and that’s if you’re lucky enough even to have a display, as many don’t need one as they’re really only designed to toast items and not really cook or bake.
- It’s crucial to understand that the required time for cooking the cookies may vary depending on what size cookies you have made and your toaster oven capabilities.
- It’s handy to remember always to try a test batch of cookies. It doesn’t have to be loads of them, one or two small cookies to experiment on how exactly your toaster oven will perform. How long you will need for the cookies to be cooked.
- It’s always best to sacrifice one or two cookies rather than the whole cookie mix to prevent you from having to waste your ingredients.
- Bake at on lower temperature for longer when unsure of being safe
How To Bake Cookies In A Toaster Oven
The first and foremost important thing to remember when cooking anything with a toaster oven is safety first.
- Do NOT use any baking paper, parchment paper, or anything paper-based.
- Doing so is a fire hazard. It’s safer to stay clear of all paper-based baking mediums.
Tin foil is a perfect replacement for parchment paper, and it’s something you’re more than likely to have around your kitchen.
When baking cookies in a toaster oven, it’s always important to remember that you’re not using a conventional oven, and you will not get the same results as you would the traditional method.
To be safe, try making your cookie balls as small as possible to reduce the necessary cooking time to a minimum.
This prevents the outside from burning and the inside of the cookies from still being raw.
Always pay close attention to your toaster oven when baking or cooking.
- Find recipe
- Mix and prepare your cookie mix
- Prepare a baking tray
- Portion your cookie mix accordingly
- Line tray with tin foil or spray with gently coat with oil
- Place cookies on a baking tray
- Place the tray of cookies into your toaster oven
- Bake for 5 to 10 minutes
- Once baked sufficiently, remove from the toaster oven.
What Is The Perfect Cookie Dough Consistency?
Your cookies should be thin and crisp to the touch. Working with a small amount of dough at a time is usually best.
Chill the batter if it is too soft to handle easily. For rolled out cookie mix, the dough should be chilled for 15 to 30 minutes before rolling for best results.
When it comes to determining how you tell if a cookie is adequately cooked, it comes down to the question of how you want the texture of your cookies to be.
- For softer cookies all around, bake for a shorter period.
- For chewy cookies, it’s worth noting that once baked. You can place them in the fridge to create an extra chewy cookie proving your dough isn’t overbaked.
- For hard and crunchy cookies, gently back on a lower temperature for longer, then leave them to rest until they are crunchy.
- Where can I find toaster oven cookie recipes? – Click here for a tasty and simple recipe.
- Why can’t I use parchment paper? – It’s safer to avoid paper-based baking products as the toaster oven is the same as a conventional oven and has a fire hazard.
- How long does it take to bake cookies in an oven toaster? – Around 5 – 10 minutes, depending on the size of cookies, temperature, and oven.
So there we have it, and that brings us to the end of today’s guided walkthrough on how to bake cookies and a toaster oven, and it has given us the answer to today’s question. Yes. You can bake cookies in a toaster oven.
Not only can you bake just any cookie but once mastered, this method of cookie cookies is faster and easier than the conventional way with next to little need for preheating ovens and waiting around.
This method is handy for those at college who need a cookie fix and only have a toaster oven. Maybe you don’t own an oven.
It doesn’t matter, as we have discovered that it is not only a fun and simple way to bake our nation’s favorite dessert treat.
But maybe one of the simplest!