Are you a fan of fruity pebbles cereal and want a unique, fun treat that you can make for birthday parties or fun if you have a bit of a sweet tooth?
The colors, gooey marshmallow texture, and an excellent taste make them a great alternative to rice Krispie treats are a classic spin on the cereal mixture you have at breakfast and don’t have to be made for children exclusively.
If you’re looking for family-friendly recipes, look no further, as we’ll show you what fresh ingredients you’ll need plus easy-to-follow instructions.
What Other Types Of Fruity Pebble Rice Crispy Treats Are There?
Of course, you aren’t limited to fruity pebbles treats, and you can make this recipe using rice Krispies cereal using kraft jet puffed marshmallows or mini marshmallows to get that super gooey texture.
If you want a chocolate version, then you could use cocoa pebbles and makes for a tasty sugary cereal base in which you could add melted marshmallows or a marshmallow mixture, so whatever takes your fancy.
Ingredients For Fruity Pebble Rice Crispy Treats
- 4 tablespoons of salted butter, or 1/2 a stick.
- 10 ounces of mini marshmallows, plus 1/2 a cup.
- 6 cups of fruity pebbles cereal.
Instructions For Treat Recipe
- Step 1 – Grease an 8×8 prepared baking dish with butter or nonstick cooking spray. Then In a prepared pan, slowly melt the butter, but don’t let it bubble or burn. You’ll want to set your hob to low heat and gradually raise the temperature during the process.
- Step 2 – Stir the marshmallows into the melted butter, then stir gently with a wooden spoon just until the marshmallows start to melt. Then you want to remove the pan from the heat before it’s completely melted and bubbling.
- Step 3 – Stir in the fruity pebbles cereal and mix until combined, then add in the additional 1/2 cup of mini marshmallows and stir again until it’s all incorporated.
- Step 4 – Press the mixture into a prepared baking dish and let it set for about an hour, and now you can cut it into squares and serve, and can be left in the fridge if you need to save these for later, but be aware that this will harden them so might lose some of that texture you’re looking for.
Some Tips For Tasty Fruity Pebble Rice Crispy Treats
Now you have the directions, you could mix it up a bit, maybe, or make rice Krispie treats instead, but there are some ways you can make this treat recipe even nicer.
We also want to make the process easier for you, so we’ve listed some tips you might want to consider.
When choosing the cereal on which you want to base the treat on, you want to avoid stale cereal that may not have been sealed properly, which can affect the consistency of the treat and no one likes to bite down on limp old cereal, so consider sealing some away in an airtight container.
This can also apply to fresh marshmallows, but if you want a twist, you could create gooey marshmallows by putting them in a large microwave-safe bowl if you’re making a big batch.
This could add an interesting mix to your recipe and use up any remaining marshmallows you might have.
If you want to produce a smaller batch of these fruity pebble Krispie treats, you can change the size of the pan that you use to incorporate a smaller area and, in turn, create thinner bars if you feel the need.
Another good prepping tip is to use some parchment paper or wax paper so that the batch doesn’t stick to the baking tray if you decide to put them in the fridge, making it easier for you to serve them up.
You should also use a plastic wrap on your batch to keep them fresh if you find you need to store them away for another time.
Storing The Fruity Pebble Krispie Treats
If you find that your treats are getting stale relatively quickly, you’re not alone, as you can freshen the bars by putting them into the microwave for about 8 seconds and can be stored on the countertop at room temperature for up to three days if you find the need to.
It’s also wise to point out that it isn’t recommended that you freeze them as this takes you longer to prepare them and makes them near impossible to chew on afterward.
You can also store the treats in the pan you mix in itself, as long as you cover it with plastic wrap or cut and place them into an airtight container or ziptop bag.
Other Options For Your Treats
Of course, you can add plain rice Krispies and make a fruity pebble rice Krispies type of assortment, but you want to ensure that you don’t add too much of each cereal as it might affect the consistency and mix up the flavor too much.
You could also be a bit bold and add cereal in other dessert cuisines like a fruity pebble lasagna dessert which has layers of strawberry pudding and cream cheese, with the cereal being the cherry on top.
This could be an exciting alternative to traditional desserts and has that fruity pebbles mixture that everyone knows and loves.
If you love fruity pebbles cereal and want to serve some sweet treats for birthdays, get-togethers, or it’s one of your guilty pleasures, and if your looking for an alternative to any type of dessert cuisine, then you really can’t go wrong with this recipie.
This can be an interesting mix if you’re tired of regular rice Krispies treats and aren’t giving you the extra flavor you’re looking for, and they add a bit of color to your party table.
This recipe will have people returning for more, so what are you waiting for?