You may have never thought about making cookies out of Kit Kat, but once you try this sweet treat it might become your new favorite snack.
While you can make a very basic version of these cookies, the best thing about them is that you can add almost anything to the recipe and customize it exactly to your tastes!
Candies, chocolate chips in a variety of flavors, toffee, and everything else that will satisfy your craving for sweets can all be added.
In this specific recipe, we use broken pieces of Kit Kat bars mixed with chocolate. You may add your favorite candy to this recipe, to make it perfect for you!
These Kit Kat Cookies are the perfect solution for putting all of that Halloween candy to good use after the holiday.
They have a center that is sticky and chewy, and the edges have a texture that is somewhere in between soft and somewhat crunchy. The gooey and chewy center is the best part.
With the help of this recipe, you’ll be able to experience all of the enticing qualities of little chocolate candy bars in the form of cookies instead.
In this recipe, we will begin by preparing a chocolate base, followed by the addition of some chocolate pieces and chocolate candy, and finishing by folding in several finely chopped Kit Kat bars.
The chocolate gives the cookie a scrumptious gooey aspect, whereas Kit Kats has a crisp wafer middle and a covering of milk chocolate that is sweet.
Once they’re finished, you can sprinkle some salt on these cookies, as well as decorate them with more pieces of Kit Kat.
These cookies are extremely easy to make, and the preparation of the recipe takes just a very short amount of time.
In addition, there is no need for any period of chilling, which means that you may have ready-to-eat Kit Kat biscuits in under an hour!
Keep reading to find out how to make this little treat!
Kit Kat Cookies Recipe
This recipe is so easy to make that all you need to put it together are a few things from your cupboard and some chopped Kit Kats.
You will need:
- Unsalted butter – 250g – You can also use salted butter for this recipe, but if you are using that instead, then do not add the salt found below.
- Salt – 1 teaspoon – For flavor
- Granulated sugar – 200g – Makes it easier to spread this mixture out while also making the mixture sweet
- Brown sugar – 120g – Gives the mixture a velvety feel, makes it easier to spread and move around, and boosts the sweetness to that the cookies have the perfect balance of flavors
- Egg – 1 – Needed in most baking recipes
- Egg yolk – 1 – Needed in most baking recipes
- Kit Kats – 300g – These will need to be finely chopped so using minibars may be easier. You could also use a few extra to add some decoration to the cookies at the end.
- Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon – For flavor
- Cocoa – 80g – Baking is one of the best uses for unsweetened cocoa powder since it gives baked goods a deep chocolate taste and works excellently as a substitute for sugar in many recipes.
- This ingredient must be sifted before being added to the mixture to remove any lumps. Lumps can affect the texture of the mixture, and mess up the baking process later on
- Baking powder – 1/2 teaspoon – Used in most baking recipes
- Baking soda – 1/2 teaspoon – Used in most baking recipes
- All-Purpose flour – 200g – Like the cocoa powder, this must also be sifted to remove any lumps
- Chocolate – 150g – If you shop the chocolate before adding it to the mixture, this helps the cookies retain pockets of melted chocolate throughout the bite.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to make Kit Kat cookies.
- Before making the mixture, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, which is equivalent to 180 degrees Celsius. In preparation for baking, line two or three baking sheets with parchment paper.
- It should take around two to three minutes for the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar to be mixed in the bowl of a stand mixer that is equipped with the paddle attachment. This process should continue until the mixture is fluffy and light.
- Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla, to the mixture, and continue to mix the ingredients until they are completely combined, pausing occasionally to scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Add and mix the baking soda, baking powder, salt, cocoa, and flour into the mixture until they are almost entirely incorporated.
- Combine the shattered Kit Kat bars with the chocolate, add to the mixture, and stir until the ingredients are entirely incorporated. Make sure that the mix-ins are evenly spread throughout the batter by giving it a couple of good stirs by hand with a rubber spatula.
- Using a 1/4 cookie scoop, make balls out of the mixture and place them on a baking sheet. Make sure to leave enough area for the dough to spread out while it bakes.
- Press more Kit Kat pieces that have been cut into shape and use them to decorate the tops of the balls.
- Bake the cookies for 15 to 16 minutes, or until the edges begin to show a hint of hardness.
- Take them out of the oven and, if you wish, shape them into whichever form you find most appealing.
- After allowing the baked items to cool for 15–20 minutes on the pans, transfer them to a baking rack and continue to let them cool completely.
- After this, they are ready to serve!
And just like that, you will have delicious Kit Kat cookies ready to eat!
If you somehow have any leftovers, they need to be kept at room temperature in an airtight.
Kit Kat cookies are an excellent way to use up any candy you have in your home while also making a delicious snack that you and your family will love.
This sweet treat is perfect for parties or events if you make them in bulk, or as it a little snack at the end of a busy day. try this recipe the next time you fancy a Kit Kat snack!